Bay Area SAA Welcome
- Next Meetings
- Tue. 5PM • Tuesday Talking About Recovery
- Tue. 5PM • Tuesday Womens Newcomer Telemeeting
- Tue. 6PM • San Francisco • 12 x 12/1st Step/Chips on 1st Tues
- Tue. 6PM • Petaluma • Green Book/Discussion
- Tue. 6PM • Womens Absolute SAA Meeting Tuesday
- Tue. 6PM • Women Tuesday Skype Voice
- Tue. 6:15PM • Walnut Creek • Next Step
- Tue. 7PM • Berkeley • Green Book Study
- Tue. 7PM • Pleasanton • Pleasanton Tuesday Night Meeting
- Tue. 7PM • San Francisco • Big Book/1st Step
- Tue. 7PM • Tuesday Night Mixed Step/Story/Topic
- Tue. 7:30PM • Walnut Creek • Newcomers
- Tue. 7:30PM • Palo Alto • 12x12 Study Meeting/Speaker Meeting
- Tue. 8PM • SAA Vallarta Spanish
- Tue. 9:05PM • To Issaquah... and Beyond TeleMeeting
- Tue. 11PM • Recovery with Aloha
- Wed. 6AM • SAA ASIA Skype Voice
- Wed. 9AM • Original Wednesday Womens Telemeeting
- Wed. 9AM • Wed. Hope & Recovery
- Wed. 11:30AM • Anonyma Sexmissbrukare Skypemote
- More Meetings…
What is Sex Addiction?
Sex Addiction can involve a wide variety of practices. Sometimes an addict has trouble with just one unwanted behavior, sometimes with many. A large number of sex addicts say their unhealthy use of sex has been a progressive process. It may have started with an addiction to masturbation, pornography (either printed or electronic), or a relationship, but over the years progressed to increasingly dangerous behaviors.
The essence of all addiction is the addicts' experience of powerlessness over a compulsive behavior, resulting in their lives becoming unmanageable. The addict is out of control and experiences tremendous shame, pain and self-loathing. The addict may wish to stop --- yet repeatedly fails to do so. The unmanageability of addicts' lives can be seen in the consequences they suffer: losing relationships, difficulties with work, arrests, financial troubles, a loss of interest in things not sexual, low self-esteem and despair.
Sexual preoccupation takes up tremendous amounts of energy. As this increases for the sex addict, a pattern of behavior (or rituals) follows, which usually leads to acting out (for some it is flirting, searching the net for pornography, or driving to the park.) When the acting out happens, there is a denial of feelings usually followed by despair and shame or a feeling of hopelessness and confusion.© ISO of SAA, Inc.
Bay Area SAA Contact Us
|Bay Area Intergroup • P.O. Box 14754 • San Francisco, CA 94114|
|General Info: email@example.com
Información General: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting List Updates/Requests: email@example.com
Women Seeking Recovery: firstname.lastname@example.org
GLBTQQI Seeking Recovery: email@example.com
Out of the Fog Newsletter: firstname.lastname@example.org
|News & Announcements RSS Feed|
SANTA CLARA: Meeting location changed
Monday 12:10 PM Discussion Meeting will be now held at Hope Lutheran Church, 2383 Pacific Drive, Santa Clara, CA 95051
EL GRANADA: Meeting has new home in Pacifica
"Coastside Recovery" Wednesday 7 PM now meeting in an office located at 1750 Francisco Blvd. in
PETALUMA: New location
The 6 PM Tuesday Petaluma meeting has changed rooms in the same facility: Through the gate next to the Church on Baker Street, then go in the double glass doors and upstairs to Room 3.
Tele-meeting numbers changed
Beginning May 1, 2013, all telemeetings with call-in 605-475-5950 will be changing over to a new number. The new number will be 857-232-0300. All access codes will remain the same. Several other updates to other meetings have been made as well. Please check with the Meetings listing.
ISO Conference and Convention 2013
Look for flyers. May 24-27th
Call (415) 456-1063 or send email to email@example.com to publish fellowship news and announcements here.