Bay Area SAA Welcome
- Next Meetings
- Thu. 3PM • Solo por hoy Skype reunion
- Thu. 4:30PM • 12-Step Big Book Study
- Thu. 5PM • Voice Computer SAA Meeting Thursday
- Thu. 6PM • San Francisco • Speaker/Tools of Recovery/Chips
- Thu. 6PM • Original Thursday Evening Women's TeleMeeting
- Thu. 6PM • Talkin' 'Bout Recovery
- Thu. 6PM • Thursday New Choice
- Thu. 7PM • San Francisco • Exploring Your Outer Circle
- Thu. 7PM • Santa Rosa • Step Study/Speaker
- Thu. 7PM • San Ramon • Pleasanton Thursday Night Closed Mixed Meeting
- Thu. 7:30PM • Los Altos • 12x12/Big Book/Speaker 2nd Thu.
- Thu. 7:30PM • San Rafael • Thursday Night Sobriety
- Thu. 7:40PM • Oakland • SAA 12 Steps, Big Book & More
- Fri. 8AM • Friday AM Womens Book Study
- Fri. 9AM • Mixed Anorexia Focus TeleMeeting
- Fri. 9AM • Friday AM Solutions Group
- Fri. 10AM • Friday Womens Telemeeting
- Fri. 12PM • Oakland • Discussion/Newcomer's meeting
- Fri. 12:10PM • San Francisco • Green Book
- Fri. 2PM • SAA Global Skype Meeting
- More Meetings…
What is Sex Addiction?
Sex Addiction can involve a wide variety of practices. Sometimes an addict has trouble with just one unwanted behavior, sometimes with many. A large number of sex addicts say their unhealthy use of sex has been a progressive process. It may have started with an addiction to masturbation, pornography (either printed or electronic), or a relationship, but over the years progressed to increasingly dangerous behaviors.
The essence of all addiction is the addicts' experience of powerlessness over a compulsive behavior, resulting in their lives becoming unmanageable. The addict is out of control and experiences tremendous shame, pain and self-loathing. The addict may wish to stop --- yet repeatedly fails to do so. The unmanageability of addicts' lives can be seen in the consequences they suffer: losing relationships, difficulties with work, arrests, financial troubles, a loss of interest in things not sexual, low self-esteem and despair.
Sexual preoccupation takes up tremendous amounts of energy. As this increases for the sex addict, a pattern of behavior (or rituals) follows, which usually leads to acting out (for some it is flirting, searching the net for pornography, or driving to the park.) When the acting out happens, there is a denial of feelings usually followed by despair and shame or a feeling of hopelessness and confusion.© ISO of SAA, Inc.
Bay Area SAA Contact Us
|Bay Area Intergroup • P.O. Box 14754 • San Francisco, CA 94114|
|General Info: email@example.com
Información General: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting List Updates/Requests: email@example.com
Women Seeking Recovery: firstname.lastname@example.org
GLBTQQI Seeking Recovery: email@example.com
Out of the Fog Newsletter: firstname.lastname@example.org
|News & Announcements RSS Feed|
Call (415) 456-1063 or send email to email@example.com to publish fellowship news and announcements here.